Have you ever wondered how many hours you spend on the phone? In our age of smart phones and Facebook, and other devices, it is easy to loose track of how long you spend communicating with people all around the world. If you can’t sit still for long, or you simply like multitasking, you should consider crossing of some of the household chores while you are on the phone.
Some of the most annoying tasks on your To Do list will pass by unnoticed when you are having your daily gossip chit-chat with your best friend, update your mother on how the things are going, proclaim your love to your sweetheart, and etc.
If you like using a land-line that can easily fit between your year and your shoulder, you won’t have any problems going around the house with it, as long as your neck doesn’t start hurting. In case you prefer more hi-tech approach, and can’t live without your smart phone, you should consider using a handsfee, especially for the chores that require both of your hands to be free.
Without further ado, here are some of the chores that the pros at Fantastic Cleaning Fitzroy North have approved for doing while speaking on the phone:
1. Dry mopping: Vacuum cleaning, no matter how quiet your device might be, is out of the question while you are talking with someone. However, no one said anything about dry mopping or sweeping the floor. Cloth rags or even a swifter-type mop will help you get rid of the dust bunnies that always find their way to the edges of electronics.
2. Make the bed: What better way to start the day than with a nicely made bed. However, most of us secretly resent that task, as, to be honest, at the end of the day you are getting back in it. Nevertheless, the process will go very smoothly while you are distracted by speaking on the phone while pulling the duvet and fluffing the pillows.
3. Fold the laundry: Repeating mechanical movements while talking with someone on the phone is the ultimate solution to your restlessness, and to reducing the tremendous pile of clothes to manageable proportions.
4. Clean the bathroom: Aside from the final flush, you can have everything in the bathroom scrubbed, disinfected, and organised while speaking on the phone with your mother or another relative. Just a hint, though, if I were you, I wouldn’t let them in on my little cleaning secret.
5. Rearrange your closet: If both of your hands are free, it is the prefect time to get round to rearranging your closet, even colour-coding the items in it. Take a look at this closet organisation assessment to try, and figure out how to improve your overall scheme.