These soft and chewy M&M Cookies are the perfect choice of a dessert. They are quick and easy to cook, especially when you are feeling tired of working or cleaning.
In my opinion, it is very hard to find a quality cookie recipe. Once you find it, make sure you write it down on a safe place. It is a treasure you cannot afford to lose! So get a pen and note this one:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- one package of mini M&Ms
- Mix the flour, salt, cornstarch and the baking soda in a bowl.
- In other large bowl, using a mixer, make a smooth paste from the butter and both types of sugar. Adjust the speed to medium and mix until pale and fluffy (2-3 minutes).
- Set the mixer on low and add in egg and vanilla. Return the speed to medium and mix until well compounded.
- Turn the mixer back on low and add the dry mixture gradually until dough forms. Blend in M&Ms by hand. Put the dough into the refrigerator for at least 40 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- Get the dough out of the fridge and form balls with the approximate size of a walnut. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just barely golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cool.
I highly suggest a glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee with these!